Item Specifics - Item Condition
Radio was originally purchased 13 months ago and has remained in storage.
American hams got their first look at the original Yaesu FT-897 at the 2002 Dayton Hamvention. It was the world's first multi-mode, high-power base/mobile transceiver designed to fitted with internal batteries (optional) for portable use. Yaesu now offers the FT-897D deluxe version adding 60 meter coverage and including the formerly optional TCXO9 high stability option. The coverage is HF 160 to 10 meters (including 60 meters) plus 50/144/430 MHz VHF/UHF. Receive is 0.1-56, 76-108, 118-164 and 420-470 MHz. It is ideal for home, vacation, emergency, rescue, DX-pedition or VHF/UHF rover operation. With optional items the FT-897D system can be configured for mobile, base or portable use.
The large multi-color display can be programmed to show different colors on each band, mode, memory group or event to track signal strength by color! There are two antenna connectors HF/50 and 144/430. 7.9x3.2x10.3 inches (200x80x263 mm). The FT-897 comes with a MH-31B8 hand mic and power cord.
* TX Frequency Coverage: 160-10 Meters, 50 MHz, 144 MHz, 430-450 MHz, plus Alaska Emergency Ch. (5167.5 kHz).
* RX Frequency Coverage: 100 kHz-56 MHz; 76-154 MHz; 420-470 MHz.
* Power Output: 100 watts HF-6M, 50 watts 2 M, 20 watts 70 cm. (20 watts on battery)
* Operating Modes: USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM, W-FM, Digital (AFSK), Packet (1200/9600 FM).
* Digital Modes: RTTY, PSK31-U, PSK31-L and User defined USB/LSB (SSTV, Pactor, etc.).
* U.S. Weather Band reception.
* Built-in 3-Message Memory Keyer.
* Multi-Color LCD Multi-function Display.
* Bar-Graph Metering of Power Output, ALC, SWR, Modulation.
* Optional Narrow CW and SSB Filters.
* AGC Fast-Slow-Auto-Off Selection.
* RF Gain/Squelch Control/IF Control.
* AM and FM broadcast reception.
* Dual VFOs, Split Capability, IF Shift and R.I.T. ("Clarifier").
* Dedicated SSB-based Digital Mode for PSK31 on USB/LSB, AFSK RTTY, etc.
* Built-in CW Electronic Keyer and Semi-Break-In.
* ARTS™ (Auto-Range Transponder System).
* Smart Search™ Automatic Memory Loading System.
* 200 Regular Memories, plus Home Channels and Band-Limit (PMS) Memories.
* Alpha-Numeric Labeling of Memory Channels.
* Automatic Power-Off (APO) and Tx Time-Out Timer (TOT) Features.
* CAT System Computer Control Capability Cloning Capability.