Machine-Tools.Com complete machine and parts directory/newsgroup > By Location
> Maxon MPA1400 replacement battery
Maxon MPA1400 replacement battery
Article Sent By: firstname.lastname@example.org (Diana Decker)
Diana Decker is presenting: Maxon MPA1400 replacement battery
Maxon MPA1400 Replacement Battery
Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-Mh) ◦ 1400mA ◦ 7.2V
This battery is compatible with the following Maxon handheld two-way radios: SL-55, SP-130, SP-140 and SP-150. Our batteries for two-way radios are especially designed, built and tested to take the tremendous abuse radios have to handle in the field. Premium grade battery cells help to ensure you get more charge cycles, more capacity and greater reliability. Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-Mh) batteries can work 40% to 50% longer between charges than Ni-Cd batteries of similar size, but do not operate as efficiently in extreme temperatures. Ni-Mh contain fewer toxic chemicals, so disposal is more environmentally friendly.
These Battery Tips will help you obtain optimized performance and a longer life cycle from your Motorola compatible batteries:
* Charge your new battery overnight before using it. This is referred to as initializing and will enable you to obtain maximum battery capacity. As a general rule of thumb you should charge Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) or Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-Mh) battery for 14 to 16 hours and a Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery for 1 to 2 additional hours after the charger light turns green.
* In order to minimize capacity loss and cycle life reduction, new, non initialized batteries must be stored in well ventilated, cool and dry locations. Batteries stored in these conditions may be stored: Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) up to 2 years; Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-Mh) up to 18 months; Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) up to 18 months.
* If used batteries are to be removed from service for extended periods (greater than 30 days) they should be discharged to about 50% of their capacity before storage in a cool, dry location.
* Batteries that have been in storage for more than two months should be fully discharged and recharged as explained above.
* When using a rapid charger, leave the battery in the charger for an additional 1 to 2 hours after the steady green light appears. Do not leave your fully-charged battery in the charger when not charging. Continuous charging will shorten battery life. Do not use a desktop charger as a device stand.
* Only charge your battery when it needs it. If it is not fully discharged, do not recharge it. We suggest you carry a spare. This is the most cost effective solution for users requiring longer operating time.
* Do not return fully charged batteries to the charger for and "extra boost". This action will significantly reduce cycle life.
* Stabilize your batteries to room temperature before charging. Charging below 4°C and above 40°C will decrease cycle life.
If you have any additional questions or concerns of any kind, please do not hesitate to contact us. We work hard to bring you the information you request in a timely manner and for that reason you can expect a response to your inquiry within 24 hours. We work Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 19:00pm (GMT). Requests that enter our system during the weekend will be responded to as soon as possible the following Monday.
email@example.com (Diana Decker)
for additional information. This email is used for forwarding to newsgroup user.