144MHz FM 5-watt Handheld Transceiver
Tough Talker Speaks Volumes About Quality!
The "new generation" DJ-V17 is loaded with features, including:
* New, two-touch repeater access
* High grade waterproof materials compatible to IPX7* (submersible 1m/3ft. for 30 min.)
* Rugged polycarbonate body resists dirt, dust and moisture
* Highly visible backlit alphanumeric display
* Direct frequency input through illuminated keypad
* 200 Memories and one call channel
* Ultra-flexible antenna with SMA connector avoids breakage
* 39 CTCSS tone squelch (encode+decode) settings
* Tone burst function (1,000, 1450, 1750 and 2100Hz)
* Battery-drain function avoids memory-effect
* Ergonomic design, fits in the palm of your hand
* Ni-MH standard and varieties of optional batteries including Li-ION packs
* Waterproof single mic/speaker jack
* DTMF Autodialer with Memory includes nine autodial memories plus redial function
* The IEC 60529/IPX7 is an European system of test specification standards for classifying the degrees of protection provided by the enclosures of electrical equipment. An IPX7 designation means that the unit withstands immersion in one meter (approx 3ft) of still water for up to 30 minutes.The factory guarantees this grade for 1 year provided all the jack covers are properly and securely closed. However, Please understand that DJ-V17 is not an IPX8 (water-resistant) grade, NOT even IPX7 COMPLIANT (but compatible); water-pressure such as washing the unit with running water may cause damage to the unit and voids warranty. Never immerse the unit uselessly under the water. V/UHF signal does not propagate in water.If the unit is dropped in water, please pick it up immediately and wipe with a clean dry cloth.
Click this image to download a brochure in PDF(324kb)
TX136 - 174MHz ,RX130 - 173.995MHz
5,10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30kHz step
200 channels + 1 call channel + 1 Repeater-Access parameter memory
1.4A (typical) Transmit high at 5W / 250mA (typical) Receive at 500mW / 70mA (typical) Standby / 25mA (typical) Batt.save on
Unit -10digC to 60digC (+14digF to +140digF) Battery packs: -10digC to +45digC (+14digF to +113digF)
58(W)x110(H)x36.4(D)mm (2.28"(W)x4.33"(H)x1.43"(D)) with EBP-65N w/o projection
Approx.280g (9.9oz) with EBP-65N & antenna
Approx. 5W (with EBP-65N) Approx. 5W (with DC 13.8V) Approx. 0.8W (LOW output)
Double-conversion super heterodyne
-6dB: 12kHz or more -60dB: 26kHz or less
500mW (MAX) / 400mW (8ohm, 10% distortion)
Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation. Specifications apply to Amateur Radio bands only. Permits required for MARS use. Product intended for use by properly licensed operators.
* Ni-MH battery pack EBP-65 (7.2V 700mA)
* EDC-146(T) or EDC-147(other versions) wall-charger
* Flexible whip antenna (EA0141 or EA0142 depending on the versions)
Accessories may differ depending on the versions. Please contact your dealer for standard accessories and warranty-policy.
DJ-V17 Free Utility Software Download
(Ver.0.11.0 beta released Apr. 2006)
Please be advised that this is a freeware (copyright reserved by Alinco, Inc). Although we have tested this software on our Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP environments and experienced no serious accident during the operation, we are not responsible of any eventual damage caused to your radio and/or PC system by using this utility. Sorry, please do not contact us for how to use the software, as this is a very simple editor software. The up-dates will be posted here as soon as available.
Please uninstall the older version before you install the latest one in case of update. In case you find a bug, please report to email@example.com specifying your OS.
This software enables you to program frequencies, set parameters and save it in your PC for any version of DJ-V17 (T/E/TFH/R).
Please remember that you must have Alinco's optional EDS-10 plug-conversion cable and ERW-4C computer interface cable in order to connect the unit to your PC. A simple connection cable may not work properly.
The interface is simple, just plug in the ERW-4C's jack into the MIC port of the EDS-10 that is plugged in the accessory port of the DJ-V17 before turning on the unit.
* To install this software, unzip the folder and click the icon. The installer will guide you the installation. To uninstall please proceed with the common uninstallation procedure of the Windows.
* To start editing, press PTT key 3 times with MONI key pressed. A "CLONE" appears on the display and the unit is ready for PC programming.
* Boot up the software. Make sure the COMM-PORT allocation at the COMM-PORT setup in the TOOL menu. To program, write values or use check-boxes to customize the parameters. Use tool-bar menus to save or open files.
* The "Write (Read) settings" command on the Setting tab 1 and 2 programs both Setting tab 1 and 2 by a single click of the either side. "The Write (Read) memory" command programs only the memories. Please use "Write (Read) All" command in the TOOL menu to program both settings and memories at the same time.
* The Channel Mode is to make a DJ-V17 like a commercial-radio to operate in the pre-programmed memory channels only by prohibiting the access to VFO mode, pre-determined functions and the Reset. Please always program at least 1 memory to utilize this mode. Programming this mode without the memory, "No MR" appears on the display of the DJ-V17 after the data-transfer.
* To return to the normal mode or eliminate No MR display, please overwrite a data without marking the Channel Mode check-box. The only way to exit from the Channel mode is to use this utility or cable-cloning normally programmed data from another DJ-V17; a key-command "reset" is intentionally made unavailable in the Channel mode.
* After the data is transfered successfully a "PASS" appears on the display of the DJ-V17. Turn the unit off then remove the cable. Turn on the unit.
* The DJ-V17 will turn on at the memory mode always. Please press V/M key to operate in VFO mode.
* The most common cause of a trouble is an eventual use of USB-serial conversion cable. In case the software does not work properly using USB port, please replace the conversion cable or use a serial port. Please also be advised that the frequency-editing columns accept only ASCII-coded numbers and period. Other characters will be disregarded or can't be entered. Please always use a period to separate the MHz unit, not with a comma that is not accepted by the software.